VISION A healthier nation that contributes to its economic, social,mental and spiritual development.
MISSION To contribute to social and economic development of Sri Lanka by achieving the highest attainable health status through promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services of high quality made available and accessible to people of Sri Lanka.
OBJECTIVES 1. To provide technical advice in policy formulation, planning and programming on promotion of health through Advocacy, Behaviour Change Communication, Social Marketing and Community Mobilisation.
2. To support various health programmes conducted by the Department of health services and other health related sectors through advocacy, behaviour change communication and social mobilization for health actions.
3. To promote, support and undertake planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of health promotion programmes in different settings.
4. To promote health care consciousness among the masses through mass media.
5. To assist and develop IEC / BCC materials required for health promotion and behaviour change communication
6. To develop the capacities of manpower, both within and outside the department of health services in order to act as health promoters and change agents through advocacy, behaviour change communication and social mobilization.
7. To educate and empower the public on health issues, to enable them to increase control over and promote individual and community health.
8. To coordinate with health related governmental, non governmental and international agencies and organization in promoting health of people.
9. To develop managerial capacities of health and health related sectors to manage health promotive programmes
10. To monitor and evaluate health promotive programmes and facilitate monitoring and evaluation of them at different levels.
11. To support and undertake research related to Behaviour change of the community and social mobilisation.
Registration of the Industries using common salt in Sri Lanka
28 JAN 2013
Environmental management framework for healthcare waste & infrastructure development
27 NOV 2012
Symposium on domain Name Standards and HIN for the State Health Sector 25 NOV 2012